Writing is not an easy task. It requires visualizing the plot for fictional writing, framing the right pattern for non-fiction, and gathering accurate information for instructive or informative writing. Some writers find writing materials from the surroundings they belong to for a fraction of a time and some writers communicate with people to know their lives, while some writers might even make an invincible network for knowing anything which can ignite their vision and help them write.
It is not important how writers plot their writing piece, what important is how they create a masterpiece which readers will find interesting and enjoyable.
A writer might need to have a certain bachelor’s or master’s degree for qualifying for a particular position against its competitors to work for a media house for acquiring the skills and media knowledge. However, writing for any media house is also witnessed that a writer learns while working
Not going into the debate whether a professional writer needs any degree or no degree is needed, but focusing in the skills that a writer must have.
Here are a few bullets stating what good writers possess.
- As the old saying goes, “Reading Makes A Man Perfect”, reading can also help a writer (man or woman). Every line or paragraph we read in a book gives us the information we never heard off. It helps us realize new facts and wonder about fiction. Different writers have a different writing style and therefore reading develops the idea of how to write in own way in the writer. Experts suggest reading short stories, poetry, novels, journals, magazines and blogs for attaining a wide range of ideas about writing.
- Research is an important part of any writing. Without a correct piece of information or fact, a story, news or journal, is not credible. Not only facts or information, even writers get ideas about different things while they research, which is an ultimate ingredient of writing.
- Different parts of the world produced exceptional writing pieces by world-renowned writers. Most of the writing pieces are based on the local cultures and traditions which gave the plot base to the writer to write about. In current day, writing researchers say that because of their own writing styles amalgamated with outstanding imagination, they caught the attention of the readers’ world. Researchers suggest that sticking to own writing flair is the best judgment a writer could itself.
- Without discipline nothing can be achieved in this world, which is also true for a writer. A good writer follows a routine for giving time to writing, thinking, and daily life activities.
- In case of a mystery writer, you have to know your audience. Without thinking thoroughly about a mystery plot, your mystery writing can become a piece of laugh.
- While becoming a writer, do not become an addict. An addict writer who achieved success crossed the toughest roads as there are few legends that actually did that. And almost all the addicts who dream of being a writer stay an addict hoping that there will be a sudden change, while the need of the hour asks them writing.
- Like everything which is not taken care of gets a coat of rust, like any sport-skill or education knowledge, writing does too. Good writers practice writing and stay in contact with their pen-paper or keyboard-screen. In the time of social media, they make connections and hit the brain parts to churn out ideas into writing.
- Writers also need to stay out of distraction causing people and places and focus in their work and that’s why you might find some writers, not in contact with disturbances for creating brilliance. They stay lost in their thoughts and writing which is actually the finest way.
You can also join a writing course and learn the art and craft of creative writing. There are many online and classroom courses in bachelor, master or short-term courses for writers.
Let the people read your story.