It's 2022: Coworking Trends- Which Way is the Market Heading?
Trends in coworking are all over the place as we prepare to open in 2022. COVID-19 impacted demand for coworking and shared workspace in a big way over the last couple of years, and will continue to do so in 2022.
Coworking Spaces Near Me: What You Need To Know
The majority of employers are moving from study to action, transitioning their workforce back to the office, shifting to hybrid models, or embracing fully remote workforces. Do they expect to clash with employees who want to work remotely and skip the daily commute? Do companies risk losing top talent if they require employees to return to the office?
These are tough questions for companies to answer regarding the return to in-person work, but no one has an ultimate answer. Most employers fall into one of three camps:
- Allow employees to decide whether they want to work from home or in the office.
- Establish flexible guidelines for a hybrid model in which eligible employees work from home on certain days of the week and in the office on other days. This method may need to be experimented with to determine what works best for each company.
- Set up fixed guidelines for workers when they return to work, similar to how the office operated before the pandemic.
- The ability to connect with people you would not otherwise meet is one of the most commonly touted benefits of co working place.
- Our Banglamart facility gives you that flexibility to grow fast without worrying that we're overpaying for space.
- Best co space working provides a comfortable vibe that feels a bit like home.
Workplace Trends: Follow the Demand for Coworking
Coworking trends are now correlated with trends in the average office, according to a number of data sets. According to Kastle Systems, office occupancy is around 40% in the largest cities as of November 2021, and is slowly increasing. The number of offices occupied has steadily increased since April 2020. Despite this, there is still a huge underutilization of serviced office work space, even in leased spaces. Most tenants believe that they can dictate how their lease is negotiated.
Workers are returning to the office in increasing numbers, either working full-time, permanently working remotely, or following a hybrid approach.
According, up to 20% of employees could transition to full-time remote work, compared to just 4% before the pandemic.
How Will Coworking Trends Impact the Office Industry in 2022?
A significant oversupply of office space is evident. Most occupants haven't chosen what they want from their future offices, which casts uncertainty over the industry.
According to our forecast, there will be an increase in office occupancy this year, but there will be a reduction in overall occupancy (leased space) as some companies reevaluate their current office spaces. There is a possibility that occupancy will decline between 5% and 20% from current levels.
The way occupiers act currently varies widely depending on which market and industry they belong to.
Although the flexible co-working space industry is in a period of extreme uncertainty, operators can provide new products and innovative solutions to help occupiers navigate the flexible office market in 2022 and beyond. These will be the winners. Anyone who doesn't will have a hard time succeeding.
Our Flexible Solutions Team, armed with our deep expertise and data, can help you navigate the flexible office market in 2022 and beyond.
Our co-working Office spaces are affordable and flexible. We provide 99% of the market inventory, actual suite availability, and pricing, as well as knowledgeable Advisors to help you find and secure an office in 90% less time and save 50% on rental costs versus doing your own Google searches and tours.